Heart Shaped Shortbread Cookie Recipe
We love making this easy valentine cookie recipe each year. My sweet kiddos always join in on the baking make these every February. We love to hand some out to friends and neighbors. They are always a favorite! The cream cheese gives the cookie a delicious shortbread flavor and the peppermint extract gives the cookie the perfect amount of light flavor.
Mix your flour, sugar, butter, cream cheese, egg and peppermint extract together in mixer. I like this pure peppermint extract. Beat until well mixed.
Add flour and beat until just mixed.
Divide dough in half. Roll each ball in saran wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thick and cut with heart shaped cookie cutters. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in oven for 7 minutes.
Let baked cookies cool completely. Once cool make your glaze bymelting chocolate with butter in a saucepan over low heat.
Dip cooled cookies in chocolate glaze and place on wax paper or tin foil to harden. Once hardened store in a covered container in refrigerator.
These are delicious!
Chocolate Dipped Valentine Cookies Cookie
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix sugar, butter, cream cheese, egg and peppermint extract in mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour and beat until well mixed.
- Cut the dough into two half balls. Wrap the balls in ceran wrap and place in fridge for a couple of hours to chill.
- Roll out dough to a 1/4 inch thick. Cut with heart shaped cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 6-7 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- For the glaze:Melt butter and chocolate together in saucepan over low heat. Once melted remove from heat. Dip cookies into chocolate and let them sit on tin foil or waxed paper.
- Store in refrigerator.
Pin for Future Baking!
You might also enjoy my other Valentine articles: