One of my favorite Christmas Traditions as a young girl was my mom making these delicious Christmas Tree Cookies! I knew it was Christmastime when I came home to these delicious treats after school. This Christmas cookie recipe is so easy and always a hit for kids and adults!
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
My mom is no longer living, so I have continued on the tradition by making them for my kids. They are SO easy and I love the hint of almond flavor!
One of the best parts of making Christmas Tree Cookies is getting to use this fun Wilton Cookie Press. It’s really easy to use, and you can usually find one under $10! It comes with a dozen different plates with fun shapes for cookies. All you have to do is fill it with the cookie dough, turn it upside down and press the trigger! Out comes a cute little tree.
Christmas Tree Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in mixer.
- Beat in egg and almond extract.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Gradually add to mixer.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring. Mix well.
- Fill Cookie Press with dough and insert the tree plate.
- Use Cookie Press to make cookies on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with red sprinkles.
- Bake in hot oven for 8 minutes.
They are so easy! Your kids will look forward to this Christmas cookie recipe every year, I promise!