You can make your own pizza with this easy homemade pizza crust recipe!
My family loves our monthly Friday night pizza and family movie night. The first Friday of every month we eat pizza and then watch a movie together as a family. We started this tradition over a decade ago and it’s still going strong. My kids look forward to it every month and I love having this night to spend together as a family. Some times we order a pizza, but most nights I make our own! Not only does this save money, but it also tastes so much better than the store bought pizza. Today I wanted to share with you my favorite easy homemade pizza crust recipe (because I have just about tried then ALL!!). I hope your family will love it as much as mine does.
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
- Related: Easy Pizza Night ideas
Easy Homemade Pizza Crust Recipe
- 2 ¼ tsp yeast
- 1 cup warm water baby bath temp
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In mixer lightly mix water and yeast together. Let sit for 5-10 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- Add the oil, salt, sugar and flour to the yeast mixture. Mix well. You may need a little less or little more flour. You want the dough to bounce back if you poke it. I also usually keep the dough slightly sticky.
- Put dough into greased bowl and cover with a dishcloth. Let rise for 30-60 minutes until doubled. I will usually put it next to the flour or in the sun to speed up the rising process.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface. Roll out into a pizza shape. (If you don’t have a pizza pan, just use a cookie sheet. It works great!) Place on greased pan. Poke all over with a fork. Cover with your favorite toppings.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
The fun thing about homemade pizza is all of the easy ways to customize. My kids love pepperoni, so that’s what I make most days. You can make it Hawaiian, cheese stuffed, thick crust, thin crust, and so on.
Encourage your kids to help with making the pizza. They will love rolling out the dough and covering it with all the toppings!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for your next pizza night!