How to make Cream of Chicken Soup Mix from scratch!
Did you know that you can make your very own Cream of Chicken Soup Mix? Yep! You can! And guess what, it’s also incredibly easy, quick and frugal to whip up. (hooray!) I am so excited to share my tried and true cream of chicken soup mix recipe with you today.
Truthfully, I really don’t like buying the canned soup in the store, but sometimes I just want a good old fashioned recipe with Cream of Chicken Soup in it, ya know???
I came across this recipe years ago and have been using it regularly ever since. It tastes so much better than the cans, and is a lot less processed. I use it in soups, stews, casseroles, etc. All you need is a little water added to the mix and you’re ready to cook!
This cream of chicken soup mix recipe only takes a few minutes to mix together. You can even skip a step by just mixing it all together right in the jar rather than a separate bowl.
All it takes is four simple ingredients….and you probably already have these sitting in your pantry! I love when that happens.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you try it, I would love to hear if you like it or not!
Cream of Chicken Soup Mix Recipe
- 1 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Dry Milk Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Chicken Bouillon
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Dried Chopped Onion
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- And you are done! I like to store my mix in a quart sized mason jar.
- When ready to use, just mix 1/2 cup of soup mix with 1 1/4 cups water and substitute in any recipe calling for a can of Cream of Chicken Soup. Be sure to write the instructions on the jar lid, so you'll always remember! 😉
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for future use: