How to get the most out of one Costco rotisserie chicken.
Have you been wondering what to do with a Costco rotisserie chicken??? You are not alone! This is a common question, one I use to have, but I have since learned a few ways to get the most out of each chicken. I am so excited to share how I use one of their delicious chickens in three different ways!
I started shopping at Costco almost a year ago. I was a little hesitant at first….worried that I would spend to much money, but I am now obsessed with this glorious store! It has saved our family money on groceries and we love so many of their products. Basically a win-win! One of my very favorite things to buy at Costco is their rotisserie chicken. It only costs $5, but is HUGE and delicious! A seriously good deal!
I am a member of online affiliate programs. I will be compensated for purchases made from links in this post.
There are many different meals you can make with your Costco chicken, but we have a few favorites that I make every single month. I am so excited to share those two dinner recipes with you! (Plus a bonus broth recipe!)
- Need a Costco membership? No worries you can grab one here: Costco Membership
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Costco Rotisserie Chicken Recipe #1: Buffalo Taquitos
My husband and I are both huge buffalo chicken fans (my kids….not so much...). But, we love to try ANYTHING that includes buffalo chicken, and these taquitos are so easy (especially when made using a rotisserie chicken) and delicious. Two huge wins in my book!
Gather Ingredients For Buffalo Taquitos Recipe
To make these buffalo taquitos you will need:
- Shredded Chicken (I use half of one Costco Rotisserie Chicken)
- Buffalo Sauce (I love Franks buffalo wing sauce)
- Shredded Cheese (I use cheddar, because I always have it at home)
- Cream Cheese (softened)
- Flour Tortillas
First thing you need to do is use a hand mixer to mix the softened cream cheese and buffalo sauce together. This only takes a minute and is so easy.
Next, gently stir in the chicken and cheese.
Place about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on the bottom of a flour tortilla. Roll it up gently and tightly and then place on a greased baking sheet.
Bake taquitos in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until tortillas are golden and slightly crispy.
- Related: The Best Deals At Costco
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- 3 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken shredded
- flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- With hand mixer, beat together cream cheese and buffalo sauce until well mixed.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and chicken.
- Place 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture on bottom of tortilla.
- Starting at bottom, slowly roll tortilla into a tight roll.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Repeat until chicken mixture is gone.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes, or until tortillas are slightly crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with ranch dressing for dipping.
Costco Rotisserie Chicken Recipe #2: White Chicken Chili
My second recipe when deciding what to do with a Costco rotisserie chicken is to make our favorite white chicken chili. This is another really easy recipe that can be thrown together in less than 30 minutes, but tastes delicious!
Ingredients Needed For White Chicken Chili:
- Onion, diced
- Garlic, minced
- Chicken Broth
- Shredded Chicken (I use half of one Costco rotisserie chicken)
- Diced green chilis (canned)
- Lime juice
- White Beans (canned)
The first step to making this delicious white chicken chili is to sauté the onions and garlic in a small amount of oil in a large pot. Let it cook until they are soft and translucent.
I like to use my frozen onions because it saves me from having to dice them!
Then add the rest of the ingredients into the pot. Stir and let it simmer on stove for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve chili with tortilla chips, shredded cheese and sour cream.
White Chicken Chili
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 12 oz. cans chicken broth
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chilis
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 15 oz. cans white beans
- Sauté onions and garlic in a small amount of oil in pot until soft and translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese and sour cream.
Costco Rotisserie Chicken Recipe #3: Chicken Broth
And, here is your bonus rotisserie chicken recipe! I am calling it a bonus recipe because it’s not a recipe for a meal…and it’s not technically a recipe (I just kindof randomly throw ingredients in), but it is a GREAT way to stretch your Costco rotisserie chicken even further….which is what we all want, right? Right!
I started making my own chicken broth a few months ago and am currently obsessed! Someone suggested it to me as a way to get more use from my rotisserie chicken, rather than throwing it away, and it’s perfect! So, once you are done using the meat from your chicken, turn the leftovers into broth. It’s really so simple to make and tastes much better than store bought. Plus, if you make it using kitchen scraps it’s basically FREE! And, we all like free!
I freeze my homemade chicken broth using these freezer containers. And then when I make a recipe calling for chicken broth, I just pull one out of the freezer and I’m ready to go!
Ingredients Needed For Homemade Chicken Broth:
- Rotisserie Chicken Carcass
- Veggie Scraps, Celery, Carrots, Onions, Garlic, etc.
Like I mentioned earlier, I really don’t use a recipe to make this broth. I just throw it all together!
First, place your rotisserie chicken carcass in a large stock pot. Make sure to include any leftover skin, meat, bones, etc. And scrap out any of the goop on the bottom. The more flavor you can get, the better.
Next, quickly cut up your veggies. You can even just use your hand to rip them into smaller pieces. They don’t need to be nice and even. I know some people save the ends of their carrots and celery for their broth, you can use those too if you want!
Add your veggies to the pot with the chicken carcass.
Fill your stock pot up with water until chicken and vegetables are covered. You can also add a bay leaf or two if you have some. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, turn heat down and allow to simmer for 3-4 hours. Stir occasionally.
After a few hours of simmering, use a fine mesh strainer to strain broth into a bowl.
Ladle the broth into freezer containers to freeze. Frozen broth will stay good for 3 months.
Or, you can store it in a container in your fridge. Broth will stay good in your fridge for 1 week.
There Are So Many Ways To Use a Costco Rotisserie Chicken
Well, there are my three ways I use one Rotisserie Chicken from Costco. I love the feeling of getting the most out of everything that I buy. Remember to be creative with your foods and try to not let anything go to waste! Your budget will thank you for it!
- Three Easy Beef Roast Recipes
- Best Ways To Store Produce To Keep It Fresh Longer
- 10 Incredibly Easy Ways to Stretch Meals
Pin For Later: