Heart Shaped Cookie Recipe
We love making this easy valentine cookie recipe each year. My sweet kiddos always join in on the baking make these every February. They are the perfect cookie to give to friends and neighbors, or to eat yourself! The cream cheese gives the cookie a delicious shortbread flavor and the peppermint extract gives the cookie the perfect amount of light flavor. You must try this easy recipe!
Sweet Frugal Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Valentine Cookie Recipe
The first step to these delicious shortbread cookies is to mix your flour, sugar, butter, cream cheese, egg and peppermint extract together in a mixer. Beat well until mixed.
Add the flour and beat until mixed.
Divide dough in half. Roll each half of dough in saran wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
After you are done chilling your dough, roll it out onto a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thick and cut with heart shaped cookie cutters. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in a 375 degree oven for 7 minutes.
After baking let cookies cool completely. While they are cooling make your glaze by melting chocolate chips with butter in a saucepan over low heat.
Dip cooled cookies into chocolate glaze and place on wax paper or tin foil to harden. Once the chocolate has hardened, store cookies in a covered container in the refrigerator.
These are delicious!
Chocolate Dipped Valentine Cookies Cookie
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix sugar, butter, cream cheese, egg and peppermint extract in mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour and beat until well mixed.
- Cut the dough into two half balls. Wrap the balls in ceran wrap and place in fridge for a couple of hours to chill.
- Roll out dough to a 1/4 inch thick. Cut with heart shaped cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 6-7 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- For the glaze:Melt butter and chocolate together in saucepan over low heat. Once melted remove from heat. Dip cookies into chocolate and let them sit on tin foil or waxed paper.
- Store in refrigerator.
Enjoy this easy Valentine cookie recipe!
This has been our Valentine traditions for 15 years and I am so excited to share the recipe with your family! I hope you love them as much as we do!
Pin for Future Baking: