Here is my honest review of Get Out Pass; the app that makes family fun, budget friendly!
Well, it’s official! I’ve been using the Get Out Pass app for over 6 months now, and do not have enough good things to say about it! To be honest, I was a little hesitant when I first signed up for this subscription based activities app, but our entire family has been loving getting to enjoy activities we normally wouldn’t be able to afford, without having to pay for them each time we go! I can’t wait to share this honest review of the Get Out Pass with you!
Sweet Frugal Life is an affiliate with Get Out Pass and this article contains affiliate codes. I will be compensated from purchases made using the links/codes in this article.
What Is The Get Out Pass App?
The Get Out Pass is an app that gives you free access to multiple local venues after a one time low yearly fee. This is the perfect way to explore activities around your community, without having to pay a lot of money.
How Does The Get Out Pass Work?
Using the Get Out Pass is so easy! First, sign up for your pass online here. Make sure to use my discount code: SWEETFRUGALLIFE (code currently only available for Idaho, Utah and Colorado passes) to get a percentage off of your yearly pass. Here’s an insiders hint: my code will ALWAYS be cheaper then the websites sale price…..you’re welcome!
You will sign up for your Get Out Pass based on your location. For example, I live in Idaho, so I have the Idaho Get Out Pass.
After you are all signed up and paid your one time yearly fee, download the Get Out Pass app onto your phone and sign into your newly created account.
Now, all you have left to do is browse the participating attractions available in your area and choose which one you want to visit!
Once you select a venue to visit, drive to that attraction and show the Get Out Pass app to the ticket attendant!
And that’s it! The staff member will let you inside, free of charge!
*Make sure to read the fine print of each venue before attempting to redeem your pass. Some attractions have specific days that they can be used and others can only be used a certain number of times throughout the year.
Who Is The Get Out Pass For?
The Get Out Pass is for everyone! It’s perfect for:
- Families on a budget
- Couples needing new date night ideas
- Someone who likes trying new things
I also highly recommend giving the pass as a gift for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, or just for fun! How fun to give the gift of experiences! They will love it!
What Locations Are Available?
Not all locations are available for the Get Out Pass. Currently you can get a Get Out Pass in these areas:
- Dallas/Fort Worth
- North Carolina
- San Antonio/Austin
- Washington D.C.
How Much Does The Get Out Pass Cost?
The yearly cost of Get Out Pass will vary based on your specific location, however most prices are between $50-$150 per person/per year. Which, when you consider the amount of attractions available to you with the pass, this is a good deal!
When buying your pass be sure to use my coupon code: SWEETFRUGALLIFE (code currently only available in Idaho, Utah and Colorado) for 30% off your order.
What Attractions Are Included?
There are so many fun venues available to you with the Get Out Pass. Our family has loved getting to try some new places that I normally wouldn’t spend money on.
Every location will have different venues, but here are a few that we get with the Idaho Get Out Pass:
- Lagoon (YES! Lagoon, an amusement park in Utah is on the Idaho Get Out Pass!)
- Idaho Falls Chukars Baseball Game
- Art Museum
- Archery Range
- Aquatic Center Swimming Pool
- Ice Skating Rink
- Roller Skating
- Axe Throwing
- Escape Room
- Round of Golf
- Gravity Factory Trampoline Park
- Rock Climbing Gym
- Glow Golf
- Museum of Natural History
- Hot Springs
- Indoor Shooting Range
There really is something for EVERYONE!
Get Out Pass Pros:
There are so many things I love about my Get Out Pass, but here are a few of my favorites:
- The app is SO user friendly and easy to use.
- Getting to experience new places.
- More quality time spent together with my family.
- It’s budget friendly! If I would pay for each of the activities separately it would cost so much more money then buying the subscription pass.
Get Out Pass Cons:
I promised an honest review, and I’m going to deliver. Here are a couple of things that I don’t like about the Get Out Pass:
- Not all attractions are available daily. Many of the venues aren’t available for weekend use, which can make it difficult for my busy family at times, as we prefer weekends.
- Some of the venues only allow you to use it for a short time. Most of the attractions available let you in for the full experience. But, I was disappointed to see that my local trampoline park only offered a free 15 minute jump session, when an hour long is the norm. 15 minutes is just not long enough to fully enjoy the experience.
All in all the pros of the Get Out Pass highly outweigh the cons. Our family has had the best time using our passes this year, and I can’t wait to renew them for next year!