You can make your own pizza with this easy homemade pizza crust recipe!
Over a decade ago we started our friday pizza and movie night tradition with our little family. The tradition is to eat pizza and watch a movie together as a family on the first Friday of every month. We started out watching Barbie movies and now as the kids have grown, so has our choice in movies. However, the one thing that hasn’t changed is we still eat pizza! Sometimes I make my own pizza using this easy homemade pizza crust recipe, and other times we order out…either way the pizza always happens!
I thought we would grow out of this tradition as the kids grew, but we didn’t. The kids still look forward to our monthly pizza and movie night! Today I am sharing my favorite pizza dough recipe. I have tried many recipes, and this one is by far the best, trust me!
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
- Related: Easy Pizza Night ideas
How To Make Homemade Pizza
Homemade pizza is one of those foods that seem intimidating to make, but is actually SO easy!
First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Next, mix 2 1/4 tsp. of yeast with 1 cup warm water. Let it sit until the mixture becomes bubbly and frothy.
Add 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt and 2 1/4 cups flour to the yeast mixture and mix well. You might need to add a little flour. The goal is for the dough to be slightly sticky, but also able to bounce back when you poke it.
Put your dough into a greased bowl and cover with a dishcloth. Let it rise for 30-60 minutes or until doubled.
Once risen punch down dough and place it on a lightly floured surface. Roll it out into a pizza shape.
Place your rolled out dough on a greased pizza pan. I prefer to use a pizza pan similar to this one. The holes in the bottom helps the crust to cook evenly. If you don’t have a pizza pan you can use a cookie sheet! It will work great!
Top your pizza with your favorite toppings. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
See how easy that was?!?!?!
Easy Homemade Pizza Crust Recipe
- 2 ¼ tsp yeast
- 1 cup warm water baby bath temp
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In mixer lightly mix water and yeast together. Let sit for 5-10 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- Add the oil, salt, and flour to the yeast mixture. Mix well. You may need a little less or little more flour. You want the dough to bounce back if you poke it. I also usually keep the dough slightly sticky.
- Put dough into greased bowl and cover with a dishcloth. Let rise for 30-60 minutes until doubled. I will usually put it next to the flour or in the sun to speed up the rising process.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface. Roll out into a pizza shape. (If you don’t have a pizza pan, just use a cookie sheet. It works great!) Place on greased pan. Poke all over with a fork. Cover with your favorite toppings.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
The fun thing about homemade pizza is all of the easy ways to customize. My kids love pepperoni, so that’s what I make most days. You can make it Hawaiian, cheese stuffed, thick crust, thin crust, and so on.
Encourage your kids to help with making the pizza. They will love rolling out the dough and covering it with all the toppings!
20 Family Board Games, all Under $20
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for your next pizza night: