How to make Cream of Chicken Soup Mix from scratch!
Did you know that you can make your very own Cream of Chicken Soup Mix from scratch? Yep! You can! And guess what, it’s also incredibly easy and super cheap to whip up (hooray, I love easy and cheap!). I am so excited to share my tried and true cream of chicken soup mix recipe with you today.
Truthfully, I really don’t like buying the canned soup in the store, but sometimes I just want a good old fashioned recipe with Cream of Chicken Soup in it, ya know???
I came across this recipe years ago and have been using it regularly ever since. It tastes so much better than the cans, and is a lot less processed. I use it to replace cans of cream of chicken soup in soups, stews, casseroles, etc. All you need is a little water added to the mix and you’re ready to cook! Easy peasy!
How To Make Cream Of Chicken Soup Mix From Scratch
This cream of chicken soup mix recipe only takes a few minutes to mix together. You can even skip a step by just mixing it all together right in the jar rather than a separate bowl.
All it takes is four simple ingredients….and you probably already have these sitting in your pantry! I love when that happens.
To make this cream of chicken soup mix recipe you will need:
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups dry milk powder
- 3 Tbsp chicken bouillon powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dried chopped onion
Mix all of the ingredients into a bowl and you are done!
To turn your mix into a soup just whisk together 1/2 cup soup mix with 1 1/4 cups water.
- Related: Easy French Bread Recipe
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you try it, I would love to hear if you like it or not!
Cream of Chicken Soup Mix Recipe
- 1 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Dry Milk Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Chicken Bouillon
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Dried Chopped Onion
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- And you are done! I like to store my mix in a quart sized mason jar.
- When ready to use, just mix 1/2 cup of soup mix with 1 1/4 cups water and substitute in any recipe calling for a can of Cream of Chicken Soup. Be sure to write the instructions on the jar lid, so you'll always remember! 😉
After making your soup mix write the instructions on the lid of the jar so that you always remember the correct ratio for making your soup!
I hope you enjoy this easy cream of chicken soup mix recipe. It’s been a staple in our house for years and is one of my favorite frugal hacks! I truly hope it helps you save some extra money like it has helped me!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for future use:
What to do with your bulk chicken; including 6 Freezer Chicken Recipes
Homemade Graham Cracker Recipe
What I Learned From the July Pantry Challenge